Filed under Sports

Coaches Want More Baskets Scored Next Year

Back to Article
Back to Article

When Coach Batie was asked, ‘How did you feel about this season?’, he replied, “Man I was mad. We didn’t win. I think we got better from day one and people actually learned a little bit about basketball. What was the most exciting thing that happened? Most exciting thing that happened was that early in the season we had some good games with Argentine and Sumner.” What was the worst thing this season? “Northwest” ( 71 -4 lost). What do you want to improve for next season? “Find some people that can score baskets.” What were you nervous about this season? “I wasn’t really nervous, just that we needed to get some scores.” How did you progress and improve this season? “Playing together and learning the rules and learning the game, and I think the kids did a good job in that.” What will you change for next year? “Maybe we can practice a little bit more, find a way to practice over Christmas break.”

When Coach Laird was asked, ‘How did you feel about this season?’ he stated, “It was a hard season. It was difficult to get everybody on the same page. We probably didn’t  have the kind of success that we had hoped for. We did win two games.” What went well this season? “Everybody in the team learned a lot about basketball and was able to come together at the end of the year, then figure out how to  make the plays they wanted to.” What was the most exciting thing that happened? “My B team had a really close game vs Coronado. We won by 2 points, I think.” What was the worst thing this season? “Every time somebody on our team did something that we already had told them not to do–they still did it anyways.” What do you want to improve for next season? “Defense, aggressiveness, and hustle.” What were you nervous about this season? “You’re always nervous to see what the players do with want you taught them, how they apply it to the game.” How did you progress and improve this season? “I think we kind of saw some flashes at the end of the year. Our players were moving the ball, making good passes, and figuring out how to create good shots.” What will you change for next year? “I want to figure out some new ways to find some opportunities for us to score baskets.”