Filed under News, Showcase

Sporting KC’s Blue Fills Auditorium With Cheers in Stop Bullying Assembly Today!

Bullying: CALL IT When You See It

Today we had a assembly for a program called Bullying: CALL IT When You See It sponsored by Sporting KC and Children’s Mercy. The Sporting KC mascot, Blue, came too! Blue raised the roof on the auditorium as students cheered when Blue did the “Dab” and the “Floss!”

“It doesn’t take bravery to be a bully. It takes bravery to stand up against bullying,” says Nate Bukaty, the Sporting KC announcer. “It’s easy to be a bully, but true bravery is standing up to bullying.”

Andreu Fontas, a new recruit to the Sporting KC from Barcelona soccer team says, “The most important thing is to respect each other.” Sporting KC has a chant before every game, “I believe that we will win.”

Then, Children’s Mercy informed us there would be a quiz. Aaagh! Enough! But, it was such an easy quiz: Name Calling is a form of bullying. Teasing is a form of bullying. Spreading rumors is a form of bullying. We all passed, as we raided our red cards to show what we know.

Don’t forget to watch Sporting KC in the playoffs on Sunday night! They ended the program with the chant they use at Children’s Mercy Park before every soccer game–“I. Believe. That. We. Will. Win.” Let’s win against bullying and hurting others!

Dr. Skretta reminds everyone to, “Talk to any adult if you are being bullied or you see bullying.”  Finally, remember what you can do about bullying, treat everyone with kindness and respect,if you see someone being bullied- report it, if you are being bullied tell them to stop, and if you get messages or see things that make sad or scared, report it.