Filed under Sports

Practice Pays Off! VB Teams Win First Game Against Argentine!

Congratulations to our Central “A” Volleyball Team on their victory over the Argentine Mustangs. The Lady Bearcubs had complete contro of the match, winning in two straight sets 25-11 and 25-6. The Bearcubs overpowered the Mustangs with their tough serving and great teamwork. The girls completed 88% of their serves and 63% of those serves were ACE serves. The top servers for the match were: Vicky Banuelos, Keyrens Jasso, Sandy Silva, and Jocelyn Flores.

Coach Brady wanted to coach volleyball because “all the girls have worked very hard through the tryout process and making the team. They have an interest in the sport. I hope that some of the experienced girls can become better players.” This is Coach Brady’s second year coaching the team with Coaches Perdue and Drumwright.

Coach Perdue coaches because “volleyball is my favorite sport. I played volleyball in junior high and in college and outside of college. She started playing volleyball in 8th grade and played through her high school years and on until she was in her early 50s. She has been coaching volleyball for 33 years, 25 of those years while teaching at Central.

Coach Drumwright said, “Coaching volleyball is fun! It is a team sport. I like working with the girls.” She’s been coaching volleyball for 11 years.

Aracely Vasquez said, “Playing volleyball seems fun, so I just tried out and I made the team.” Da’zhanai Brown said, “I want to learn and get better. I get to be with my teammates to help to make our team better.”