Filed under Sports

Soccer Season Here: Tryouts Begin 2

Miss. Kupchin was interviewed: How many students are trying out to make the team? ”We have about 50 girls trying out.” What are looking for in your team players? “Great attitude, ball control, and if they can, show they can be part of the team. And they have to have a positive attitude.” What excites you about this season? ”Well, since this is my first year being a coach, it is pretty exciting to teach the girls.”

Olivia Renteria was asked: Why did you try out for soccer? “I tried out for soccer because I used to play it before.” How do you push yourself to make the team? ”I push myself by doing laps at home, doing stretches and other exercises.” What is Coach Kupchin looking for? ”She is basically looking for girls who are committed and not playing around, and stay focused.” How confident are you? ”I am kind of  confident that I’ll make the team.”

Jocelyn Flores was interviewed: Why did you try out for soccer? ”I figured that I should join something while I am still in 7th grade. I just work hard and push myself to make the team.” Coach Kupchin is looking for ”girls that can play soccer well.” How confident are you? ”On a scale 1-10, honestly, I say 2, because other people have played for years, and I just decided to join.”

Why did Jennifer Ceron try out for the team? ”I like soccer.” How do you push yourself to make the team? ”I think about what I can do for the team.” What is Coach Kupchin looking for? “Players who have for teamwork.” How confident are you? ”My confidence is really low, seeing all these people trying out.”

Why did Kanchan Gurung try out for soccer? ”Honestly, it’s that I really, really like soccer. I try my best to make the team.” What is Coach Kupchin looking for?” She’s looking for teamwork and to be better.” How confident are you? ”I am nervous right now.”

Brenda  Zavala .”Why did you try out for the team?”After 7th grade I really liked playing soccer ”How do you push yourself to make the team?”I try harder everyday. ”What is Coach Kupchin?”I think shes looking for teamwork “How confident are you?”I am 100% confident.”