Filed under Sports

Soccer Season Finally Here: Tryouts Begin

Coach Qunitanilla had  67 students try out for the soccer team this year. “And I still have more that want to join!” Coach exclaimed. “I’m looking for players that can communicate with others, that have ball control; that pass the ball and that can be a team player.” When asked what excited him about the season, he said, “This is my first season coaching boys. Both boys and girls have been undefeated for the past two years and I hope that record can continue. Soccer is a sport that I love and it is always exciting when the season starts!”

Chris Hernandez tried out for soccer because ”Soccer  is my favorite sport and  I grew up playing soccer in my neighborhood and I just love it too much!” How do you push yourself to make the team? ”I give it all I got, put in more work and try my best.” What do you think the coach is looking for in his players? ”Someone who can do a lot of passes, touches, and goals for the team. Also to stay undefeated this year!” How confident are you? ”To a thousand percent! I’m confident I’m going to make the team and do my best to make it better.”

Jovanie Ruiz tried out for soccer because “I love the sport and I want to be part of the team.” How do you push yourself to make the team? “I push myself really hard every tryout so the coaches can know I can play, make plays, and score goals.” What is Coach Quintanilla looking for? “He’s looking for someone who can pass the ball and knows what they’re doing.” How confident are you? “I’m very confident because I made it last year and I know what we need to do and how we play!”

Ulysses Ruiz was interviewed: Why are you trying out for soccer? ”I am trying out for soccer because I want to be a Central athlete. I want to be a bear cub and score goals and assist the team and help us be undefeated.” How do you push yourself to make the team? ”I push myself by passing and not ball hogging and making and building good chemistry.” What do think the coach is looking for in his players? ”The coach is looking for players that they work together and players passing.”How confident are you? I am a 100% confident that I’ll make the team and I know that we will be undefeated!”

Edwin Sanchez is trying out for soccer “because it is my favorite thing to do when I’m bored.” How do you push yourself to make the team? ”I practice and try my best.” What’s Coach Q looking for in his players? “No ball-hogging, passing, communication, all of that.” How confident are you? “I’m pretty confident.”

Edwin Perez is trying out for this year’s soccer team “because that’s what I do in my free time and I’ve been playing soccer for eight years, since I was five years old.” How does Edwin push himself to make the team? “Just keep practicing and try hard.” What’s Coach Quintanilla and Gurung looking for in their players? “Those who pass the ball a lot and communicate with each other.” How confident are you? “Like 80% positive I’ll make the team.”

Anthony Castor is trying out for soccer because, like Sanchez, “it’s one of my favorite things to do.” How do you push yourself to make the team? “I practice every day.” What is Coach Q looking for? “Players who show and know teamwork on the field.” How confident are you? “A little, like about 50% positive.”