Filed under Sports

Double VB Wins Against Eisenhower

Coach Perdue: 

Congratulations to the “A” Volleyball team on their victory over Eisenhower last night. The girls improved their overall record to 5 -0 by overpowering the Eagles with their strong serving and great team work.The Lady Bear Cubs won their match in two straight sets with scores of 25-15 and  25-23. Stacy Magana ;ed the team with 11 service points, followed by Brianna rodriguez with 6 service points, Aime Banuelos  with 5 service points and Valery Granados  and Michelle Resendez with 4 service points.

Our next match will be on Tuesday  against the Coronado Colts.

To all the volleyball players, just remember that their is NO practice tonight, enjoy the dance and have a great weekend.

Coach Drumwright:

We’d like to congratulate the girls “B” volleyball team on their  hard fought win against Eisenhower. the girls had too come back from 5 points down to 25-23 in the first game.

The girls struggled with getting their serves int he second game and lost 17-25.

They had to fight another deficit in the third game, but fight they did to defeat Eisenhower in a thrilling third game 17-15.

Keyrens Jasso led the Lady Bear cubs with 6 points. Julissa Bolivai contributed 4 points. Pamela Housien and Carmen Velaquez had 3 points each.

CONGRATS LADIES! We are so very proud of you perseverance! No practice today. Enjoy the dance!