Filed under Sports, Video

Cross Country on the Run!

Ernesto Rivera was asked which professional runners inspired him, “I really like Usain Bolt.” Who is the most furious competitor on the team this year?  “I think it’s Alonzo Tarango because i was going to beat him but he actually beat me”what is your favorite part of the actual run”I really just like to run”what do your team do together?”I listen to music”.

When Wendy Viveros was asked who was the most furious competitor on the team, she replied, “Um… I think it would be the 8th graders.” What are you thinking when you’re running? “I think about grades and listen to music!” What practice rituals does the team share? “We do the Central jumping jacks. Each jumping jack is a letter of Central.” What is the most challenging part of the race? “At the beginning when you’re barely starting. But when you get used to it, it’s really easy!” Why does running make you feel good? “Because it’s adrenaline–it keeps you up!” Why do you run when there is little fan support? “I run because it’s fun. It doesn’t matter if you have lots of fans or none.”

Dennilson Hernandez is also inspired by Usain Bolt. When asked who he felt was the most furious runner on the team, he states, “Anthony and Alonso.” What do you think about as you’re running? “Getting faster!” What is the weirdest thing that’s happened to you while you are running? “The smells of Tacos on Wheels!”

Coach Hayden states, “The meet went really well. I was really proud of everybody! All the students are really fierce runners and doing a good job. They’re always trying to do their best and pushing themselves hard. We go to St. Margaret’s park and run several laps everyday in order to prepare the 6th and 7th graders to run the mile run, and the 8th graders to run two miles.”